- Now with coding! Kids learn how to control electronics with code in 6+ New Block-Based coding missions.
- Award-winning: winner of 50+ toy awards and gift guides, including creative toy of the year, Good Housekeeping & ttpm.
- Missions & challenges: now with 22+ missions in the app so kids can teach their Droid new skills.
- Customizable: missions help kids get creative, inventing new Droids & giving them personality.
- Requires Smart device: either iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later) or Android (KitKat 4.4 or later with Bluetooth 4.0 or later and an accelerometer) is required to build and control your Droid. Amazon devices not compatible at this time.
- Complete Droid kit: includes all electronic blocks, Droid parts, 9V battery, and free app.
- No grown-ups necessary: kids can easily assemble with step-by-step, in-app instructions.
- Inspires invention: all electronic blocks can be rearranged so the droid can perform new tasks.
- Free Droid inventor app: with step-by-step instructions and video tutorials guides kids through creating, customizing, and coding Droids
- Comes with 20 authentic Droid sounds from the Star Wars films
How we got our start?
littleBits was my experiment to make engineering more fun, more playful, and more inviting to people who aren’t engineers. I took it to Maker Faire in 2009, and suddenly people started lining up to play with the Bits. I realized there was a real opportunity to inspire kids to invent with technology.
What makes our product unique?
littleBits invented the electronic building block! Our magnetic “Bits” snap together to turn ideas into inventions, transforming the way kids learn so they can grow up to be tomorrow’s changemakers no matter their age, gender, race, nationality, or ability.
Why we love what we do?
I’m inspired by all our makers. We have a young girl in our community who is teaching herself to code and prototype an echo-locator device with littleBits. Others have made pet activity monitors or autonomous driving robots. The creativity and inventive spirit of kids using our Bits blows me away.
From the manufacturer
Control the Droid with code!
Kids can learn (or level-up!) their computer science skills with 6+ new missions. They’ll use easy block-based coding to perform activities like escaping the rebel base or changing their Droid’s personality.
Customize & Personalize Your Droid
The Droid becomes a loyal sidekick kids can customize and make their own. It comes with stickers, and ideas for household items that help the Droid take shape.
Endless Creativity & Play
With littleBits, kids get creative as they engineer new Droids. They can reconfigure their Droid in new ways to give it additional abilities or make it perform new tasks with in-app controls or coding.
Hours of In-App Educational Activities
With just the wave of a hand, kids can guide their Droid like they’re using the Force.
Droid-driving is easy with in-app controllers including a joystick, sliders, and tilt mode
The Droid can detect obstacles in front of it and change course like it has a mind of its own.